Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Tips!

For most of us it's finally SUMMER BREAK! yyaayyy!(: For me, when summertime comes rolling around, I change my hair, skin, and makeup routine a little bit, to work with the summer heat and dryness! I'm from Florida, so it obviously gets pretty darn hot!

So here's some tips and tricks I go by during the summer months to keep my hair, skin, and everything else healthy and nice!

HAIR: I've decided to only use my hair straightener minimally! My hair is already getting dried out from being out in the sun and in all of the chemicals in the pool and all of those other damaging things hair encounters, so I've decided to try and cut my straightener out of my summer routine. My hair has been A LOT healthier, and it's really helping a lot.
-Another good idea is to get a deep conditioner. They have products in drugstores that are very inexpensive, and you leave it in your hair for a few minutes and wash it out and it helps keep your hair soft, shiny, and healthy!

MAKEUP: I try to wear as little face makeup as possible! I've been trying to only use a little bit of concealer where is it absolutely needed, and then pat a little powder (I use MAC MSF natural) over. I will also use a little cream blush sometimes, too. For a nice, glowy, summery look! Also use lots of sunscreen on your face!

SKIN: It's time to hit up the Bath & Body Works HELLO YELLOW SALE! Stock up on your favorite lotions and moisturizers! Keep your body moisturized, and also keep aloe handy for if you get burned! I like to buy their mini bottles of lotions in all different scents, so I have a large variety! They have a 5 for $15 deal going on with their mini things for the Hello Yellow sale! Go now!!!

Also remember to always wear sunscreen, and drink plenty of water! (: And HAVE FUN!!!

1 comment:

  1. I try to use as little face makeup as possible too! I use only concealer. I need to stop using my straightener too.

    ReplyDelete